Professional Mentor Program Links
UW Law offers several mentorship programs, including the following programs, which offer multi-layered matching between mentor and mentee. The programs listed below are run through the customizable mentoring software called "Xinspire."
Professional Mentor Program
The UW Law Professional Mentor Program pairs JD students with professional legal mentors from across the country and around the world. Professional mentors and student mentees are paired based on common characteristics such as practice area interests, undergraduate institution, or previous employment experiences. Professional mentors offer guidance and encouragement while facilitating networking and job shadowing opportunities. Professional mentors and student mentees meet throughout a calendar year.
Important Professional Mentor Program dates:
- *Deadline Extended* December 18 11:59 p.m.: Registration deadline for the 2019-2020 program
- Mid-December: Matching complete and participants notified by email
- January 16: Professional Mentor Program Kick-Off Reception
Faculty Mentor Program
The Faculty Mentor Program matches first-year JD students with UW Law faculty members. Faculty mentors and student mentees are paired based on common characteristics such as practice area interests, undergraduate institution or previous employment experiences. Faculty advisors assist with academic planning and course selection and provide advice and support.
Important Faculty Mentor Program dates:
- Wednesday, April 29: Registration deadline
- Tuesday, May 5: Matching complete and participants notified by email