Foster Undergraduate Mentoring Program
A partnership between – The Undergraduate Business Council, Foster Alumni Team, & Undergraduate Programs Office
October 2021 – May 2022.
The mission of the Foster School of Business Undergraduate Mentoring Program is to enrich and support the professional, academic and personal experiences of students by intentionally pairing them with Foster alumni. These mentoring relationships assist students in the transition from academic to professional life and support individual success at Foster and beyond.
This program is available to Foster School sophomores, juniors and seniors as mentees and Foster graduates as mentors.
Benefits for Mentees:
- Academic Guidance – study skills, post-undergraduate school planning
- Career Advice – job shadowing, resume critiques, interviewing tips, general career guidance
- Personal Development – networking, and personal connections with hobbies, recreation, cultural/ethnic sensitivity
Benefits for Mentors:
- Personal Growth – strengthen professional abilities, learn a new set of skills and gain rewards of helping others grow
- Develop Leadership and Coaching Skills – apply mentoring skills to current world of work, learn best practices in coaching
- Networking – connect to a strong university community and with young, up-and-coming professionals
- This program partners one or two student mentees with one mentor for a six month period.
- Monthly communications – by phone, Zoom, etc.
- A minimum of three in-person meetings – including Kick-Off and Mid-Point Check-In. Ideally one meeting will occur at the mentor’s place of employment.
- Complete mentor/mentee profile to assist in matching.
- Sunday, October 31 – Deadline to submit Mentor profiles
- Sunday, November 7 - Deadline to submit Student Mentee profiles
- Wednesday, December 1 – Mentoring Program Kick-Off and Training
- February – Mid-point Check-in
- May – Celebration event